Passing the Baton is Bethany’s befriending service that helps to support men and women who have experienced homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless
Volunteering as a Befriender brings many opportunities for personal growth and new friendships as well as the chance to help support someone rebuilding their life after a difficult experience.
Our ‘Passing the Baton’ programme trains and equips volunteers from the local Church in the City to serve God in Edinburgh.
We are running online Zoom ‘Passing the Baton’ training sessions in June for Christians who want to become Befrienders in Edinburgh.
Part 1: Tuesday evening, 12th October, 7.00pm – 9.15pm on Zoom
· Why is friendship important?
· What is transactional analysis?
· Why do we need boundaries and confidentiality?
Part 2: Tuesday evening, 19th October, 7.00pm – 9.15pm
· What makes a good conversation?
· Listening to understand and support people
· Helping people to empower themselves to take action
Please book spaces by registering at Eventbrite:
Please contact us by email, email@example.com or phone us on 07969 771659/ 07990 078377.
Please pass on this email to other Christians or Churches who might be interested – thank you!